Sunday, August 22, 2010

Semi-rant, semi-question about women in games shops?

I'm not against women. Heck, I am one. But I've just got to get this little rant off my chest about women who work in games shops. Is it me, or do they not have a clue what they're doing!? I've bought 2 games recently from women attendants and they either forgot to put in a disc or they forgot the manual. This never happens with blokes!





Anyone else had similar problems?





PS, cheers for letting me rant :-)Semi-rant, semi-question about women in games shops?
I don't think sex is the issue, but whether or not they play video games themselves. My Local Gamestop has a female owner, and heck, she knows more than me!Semi-rant, semi-question about women in games shops?
I've not had any problems with the woman in my local game shop. She seems to know more about games then most of the pimpley faced teenagers who come in. BUT she can be EVIL when she doesn't get what she wants from her staff. I find it best to keep a low profile at times like this...
I take it this is a place to rent games from? Because when buying them from a shop they are sealed, and without the disc or the Manuel (unless previously owned/played) then just return it for a refund or new game.





As for renting games, having once been on that end, I can tell you now, 99% of the time when a game Manuel is not in the case, it's because someone who rented the game stole the Manuel. And of that 1% that still have the Manuel, 99% of the time the store will not include it because of the people who steal them.





As for the games not being in the case, every store around me (California, U.S.A.) the clerks get the games from a drawer in plain view of the customer, so I can tell if they are being stupid.





Plus, I always check in the car to make sure the game is the right one, and if their is a Manuel.
go to PC world , the women in there haven`t a f*cking clue about what they are selling
Don't be so stupid, what's wrong with women in games shops. What are games for boys. I'm always in game shops buying games etc and I would work in one too. i don't think it's a hard job, nor one that requires alot of thought. there have been times where men have forgot to give me a disc or receipt or something.


Being a woman yourself, this seems like a very dumb question to ask.
Actually now that you mention, there has only been one woman in a games shop that knew exactly what she was doing and she looked sort of biker-ish, if you know what I mean.
ha ha ha tread carefully plz we have come a long way!
Nope, I find the male ones just as irritating...
it's not really gender-based. The knowledge or lack thereof depends on the person rather. Personally i have a female friend who i think might know more about games than i do and i'm a pretty hardcore gamer. She's always up to speed on the latest release dates and what's new, good, lame. I also had this lady who worked at EB Games and like my friend knew what the hell she was talking about. Again it's not the gender but the person .....if that makes sense but yea it's good to vent
Nothing to do with whether the server is male or female, it's to do with whether the shop is PC World or not PC World - just say no kids!
I agree, I called a game shop, and asked if there was any copies left. She said there was dozens, we get there and there is only one copy left. So, I got a discount.
  • pimple
  • social networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment